LokiSoft Part 2

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Fri Sep 17 00:37:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 14:12, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     With the recent surge in Linux desktops, and the totals now being
> more than Mac users, it's starting to look like the time is right for a
> company like Lokisoft to be created.  Some questions:
>
>     1. How in the _world_ could they convert a program so completely in
> only 2mo and make it work so well?
>
>     2. What happened to this magical conversion program?
>
>     3. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt about companies making native
> Linux programs who didn't before?
>
>     I just can't shake the feeling that Loki's time has come...but I
> have no idea where to start with such a company, so I'll have to stand
> down.

Hey Brian

I'm not sure about how they did it.  But it seems that Bioware uses the
Game data and then recreates the exes as linux client same with UBIsoft
which has linux install scripts in on alot of their titles ex: UT2004.

The Open Source Tools that they support might be the key to what they
used to make the conversions.  http://www.lokigames.com/development/

There are multiple tools and the loki specific ones I don't think are
available for download anymore, I got a timeout trying to download
loki-patch-tools.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>