Mozilla 1.7.2 crash with java on Fedora Core 2

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Sep 17 00:52:23 UTC 2004

Mike Iglesias wrote:
> I setup a system with FC2 with all the updates.  I downloaded the java
> (j2re-1.4.2-04 or j2re-1.4.2-05) runtime environment from Sun and setup
> mozilla to use it (I had done this before on a RH9 system with no
> problems).  When I go to a web page with java (say a Cisco PIX PDM
> page), mozilla dies.  If I allow core dumps for mozilla, I get two core
> dump files, one for java and one for java_vm.
>
> I also tried the DAG java stuff from http://dag.wieers.com/packages/j2re/,
> but mozilla still dies.
>

> Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
> University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
> Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069

Mike:

Here are a couple of questions that might help troubleshoot:
What is the url of the site that is causing the crash?
Can you get in helpful data from strace mozilla?
You mentioned that you tried the java rpm's from Dag's site -- did you
also install the mozilla-j2re-1.4.2-9.1.fc2.dag.i586.rpm plugin from Dag?

Clint