network adapter detection problem

Eric Cartman cartman_in_southpark_1981 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 08:18:05 UTC 2004

Hi,  Earlier i had problem with installing FC2.  Finally, I got burned disks of redhat 9 from a friend.  Luckily, I went pass installation.  Now I have got some serious problems.  I m using Linksys PCI fast ethernet card, but redhad is not detecting it.  Since I m new to linux, I don't know what to do about it.  The floppy drive I got with the NIC includes driver for linux. But I don't know what to do with it.

Another problem is when i access the floppy drive, it gives me following error:
Nautilus was unable to mount floppy drive.  There is probably no floppy in the drive.

Does the formatting matter.  I believe floppy drive has FAT system which should be ok with redhat, right???

Ans the last question.  I have windows xp on the same PC.  Following the direction of redhat site, to access data of windows from linux, i created the partion of FAT32 in xp.  I don't know how to access that partion from liinux now.

I tried cd /dev/hda2 (that is the partition of FAT32) but it says it is not a directory.

Please let me know answer to any of the above questions, that would make my life little better.  Thanks in advance.

http://mail.yahoo.com