HP e-vectra con FC2

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Sep 17 12:04:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:23:10 +0200, Edwin Valencia wrote:

> I'm installing FC2 in PC's HP e-vectra, I see the HP-HOWTO and these
> PC's soport GNU/Linux, I install FC2 in these PC's BUT some times while
> I am installing FC2, these PC's restart without give me any message of
> ERROR in the screen or Hard Disc [<-- I see the logs after the restart
> PC and I use the rescue CD for that]...

What log files do you look at? And what do they contain?

Abnormal program termination or spontaneous reboots during installation
can be due to bad RAM chips, overheating or overclocking parts of the
hardware. Have you tried memtest86 yet?

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 1.00 1.00 1.01