Purging Cyrus IMAP Mailboxes

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Sep 17 13:36:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 14:01, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 14:14, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Am Do, den 16.09.2004 schrieb Bob Chiodini um 19:40:
> >
> > > Is there a tool, either part of FC2 or elsewhere that will allow an
> > > admin to purge deleted email out of the user's mailboxes?  Perhaps by
> > > age of the message, etc.
> > >
> > > I would like to run the utility periodically from cron.
> > >
> > > Bob...
> >
> > man ipurge
> >
> > The binary is part of the cyrus-imapd package.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Alexander,
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob...
Rob it is a good idea to use rpm -ql <package name> to list all the
files associated with an application, to get an idea of what programs
come with a system.

You can normally work out what file are scripts/binaries, and then from
there go on to try and work out what is available to you.

It's one thing I like about Linux/rpm, the fact that all of this
information is fairly easy to find, and then "move forward with" (sorry
for the management talk, I shall take 50 of the best later on).

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator