Japanese Support on Fedora Core 2

Raymond C. Rodgers rh at bbnk.dhs.org
Fri Sep 17 15:46:39 UTC 2004

About a month ago, I installed FC2 over my RedHat 9 installation, and
discovered that both Mozilla and Firefox crashed right away when viewing
one of my favorite sites (http://www.megatokyo.com ) I didn't figure out
what was causing this crash until now: the Japanese character support.

While I was attempting to get a machine translation of something from
English to Japanese via various web sites, I noticed that Mozilla 1.7.2
and Firefox 0.9 were continuing to crash and only when I visited a site
that had Japanese characters. As a test, I requested
http://www.nec.co.jp and watched Mozilla crash immediately. Is there a
problem with the support for the language in FC2 or when migrating from
RH9?

Thanks,
Raymond
--