kernel: nfs4_map_errors could not handle NFSv4 error X

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Sat Sep 18 04:34:49 UTC 2004

Im picking up bursts of  nfs4 kernel errors on the client end of stock
FC2 smp kernel 358, nfs-utils-1.0.6-22:

nfs4_map_errors could not handle NFSv4 error 10008
and many more 10025 and a couple 10026 errors

client mount options:
type nfs4 (rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr,addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

server exports options:
xxx.xx.x.x/24(rw,fsid=0,no_root_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check,sync,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534)

The NFS server is running the latest FC3 ish development kernel
2.6.8-1.541. (and also utils 1.0.6-22.)

Traffic is moving ~ okay but I needed a newer kernel on the server as
NFS traffic slows and eventually freezes up between two 358 kernels.
The newer kernel on the server seems to keep the traffic moving though
as reported above the FC2 client box is spewing these occasional
errors.  Any comments before I bugzilla?  Google gets amost zip on the
logged error.

Mark