probem with gaim and special characters.

Kent Nyberg nyberg.kent at spray.se
Sat Sep 18 12:56:30 UTC 2004

I have had problems with gaim for some time now. With version
0.8x from the updates I got an error about not being able to receive
message when i send a message with special characters (the swedish
once). Today i compiled gaim 1.0 and now i can read my friends messages,
but when i send them messages they get the message about not being able
to read the message.It could be that its only his client now that is
buggy, but since he can read messages from other people (though i dont
know if i am the only one using gaim as a client) i can say realy whose
fault it is.

Using the 0.7x version workes fine, but putting gaim on "ignore" in
up2date is not fun, since i guess, the meaning of up2date is to have
bugfixes etc.