smbclient download

Bill Tetens zuki269 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 17:31:44 UTC 2004

I asked about this same subject yesterday and did not get a usable answer so I am trying again.  I am trying to get the printer function working on my linux box using a printer attached to a windows machine on my home network.  The wizard tells me that I need to install smbclient.  My problem is that I do not know where to get this file.  I tried to install it using YUM but it could not find it.  I have searched using google and got a lot of info including definations of what the client is.  However it does not give me a clue on where to down load it or rather what file to download.  I believe it is part of Samba but my question is do I have to install all of samba or what.

I hope some one can give me the info I need cause I don't want to make any mistakes that will cause a problem for me.  Thanks for any usable help.

Bill