FC2 + newest openoffice = slower

Ben Brown xthor0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:21:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:20:42 -0300, Trevor Smith <trevor at haligonian.com> wrote:
> Old, no. I bought the laptop this summer, new at Futureshop. It was near the
> end of the product's lifecycle, I'd wager, since it was discounted and I
> don't see them for sale anymore, but it was brand new.

Is it possible that you need to force a UDMA mode, using the -X
paramater in hdparm? I've never had to do that, but you can 'man
hdparm' and read what it says about the -X parameter. Maybe others
here have more experience with that, I've never had to use the -X
option.

BTW, thanks Alexander, for pointing out /etc/sysconfig/harddisks. Good to know.

--
---------
Ben Brown
xthor0 at gmail.com