CMI9739 chipset sound problem Module: snd-intel8x0

Carlo Orecchia carlo at numb.darktech.org
Sat Sep 18 19:37:49 UTC 2004

the fact is that it only worked at first boot after installation. I cannot
now install again
fedora on this computer. Too complicated now. Is there anyway to solve
this modifying alsa
settings or whatever?
The mixer is ok. all the volumes levels are high noone is mute. I just
can't figure out what the
problem is. I also tried with another pci sound card and everything was
fine.

Thanks Kevin

my modprobe.conf is now

alias eth0 ne2k-pci
alias eth1 8139too
# Entry for nVidia AC-97 integrated audio
alias snd-card-0 nvaudio
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116* snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
# OSS portion
alias char-major-14* soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# AC-97 sound card (on motherboard)
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd cards_limit=1
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && \
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore > /dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store > /dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; \
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias /dev/ttySHSF[0-9]* /dev/ttySHSF
alias /dev/modem /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-240 /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-240-* /dev/ttySHSF
options hsfserial serialmajor=240
alias char-major-242 hsfosspec
alias char-major-242-* hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag* /dev/hsfdiag
alias char-major-243 /dev/hsfdiag
alias char-major-243-* /dev/hsfdiag
options hsfosspec dcpmajor=242 diagmajor=243
alias char-major-243-* /dev/hsfdiag
options hsfosspec dcpmajor=242 diagmajor=243
install /dev/ttySHSF /sbin/modprobe hsfpcibasic2; /sbin/modprobe
hsfmc97ich; /sbin/modprobe
hsfmc97via; /sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ali; /bin/true

and this is my lsmod

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_pcm_oss            49576  0
snd_mixer_oss          18048  1 snd_pcm_oss
radeon                123812  0
snd_intel8x0           30764  0
snd_ac97_codec         65668  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm                83208  2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0
snd_timer              20868  1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          9480  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
gameport                3968  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_mpu401_uart         6272  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi            20388  1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device          7176  1 snd_rawmidi
snd                    47204  9
snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawm
idi,snd_seq_device
soundcore               7264  1 snd
hsfmc97ali             51348  0
hsfmc97via             49304  0