One /home/username shared amongst several Fedora instances using external HD

CB fedoralist at crispin.cb-ss.net
Sat Sep 18 23:43:22 UTC 2004

I was thinking of mounting an external firewire drive as my
/home/username, and then being able to plug this drive into  different
fedora machines at different times, thus having an identical user setup
on each machine. Is this feasible? Are  the .* direcories in my home
directory this portable?

Also, I've seen references to 'automount' around but haven't done any
homework on it yet. Would I be barking up a reasonable tree in looking
up how to 'automount' my external drive under /home/username?

Thanks in advance.