Email Server

Seb E. Payne spayne at sebpayne.com
Sun Sep 19 09:37:09 UTC 2004

Hi All

I'm new to both the list and Fedora Linux. Our small business is
currently running Exchange but we would prefer to move to an open source
alternative. I have a few questions to ask

1.	Which is better, Sendmail or Postfix?
2.	Is there an easy way to configure them or do you have to use
configuration files?
3.	Are there any good guides around for setting up a Linux email
server?
4.	What components do I need? Somebody told me that unlike
Exchange, you need many different components in Linux for a mail server!

Thanks

Seb Payne

Senior Services Consultant

Sebastian Payne Computer Consultancy

Professional solutions to suit your personal needs

www.sebpayne.com