Bloody Fedora Installation! (again)

Edwin Humphries edwin at ironstone.com.au
Sun Sep 19 23:40:26 UTC 2004

I've done several installs of Fedora C1, and had a variety of
experiences: some went very smoothly, and some had great problems.

Now I've tried a C2 installation (on a dual-boot laptop on which
Lycoris installed very smoothly), and all went badly - the dreaded
couldn't read from media error. I tried GUI and text installs, and
installs with mem=64M, nodma and noprobe settings, all with the same
result.

Does anyone have any additional clues?

When is redhat going to fix anaconda so this doesn't happen?

Regards,
Edwin Humphries, Managing Director
Mobile: 0419 233 051
Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd