Fedora Installation

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 20 02:55:40 UTC 2004

Graham Cossey wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>I'm new to Fedora core 2 I just downloaded the iso images and burned them
>>>to cd but the first cd is not autorun please what next do I do
>>
>>Two things I guess -
>>
>>Is the PC set to boot up off the CD in it's BIOS - might sound daft but
>>worth a quick double check.
>>
>>Did you burn the Installation CD's and not the Source CD's - another easily
>>overlooked one.
>

> I had what I believe is the same thing when I recently installed FC2.
> On disc 1 there is a boot disk image (another ISO) that I had to burn to CD
> which then did autorun from boot.
>
> Graham.

Fair enough if that worked for you Graham, but the ISO of Disk 1 is in
fact bootable by itself, you shouldn't need to do what you did unless
something was wrong with your burn.

Can I just throw in another 2c here, try burning at a slower speed. On
quite a few burners, and media which isn't quite up to scratch, this
actually DOES make a difference.

Regards

Ed.