thunderbird install

william jones wj at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 20 13:21:53 UTC 2004

After nearly completing the thunderbird download,the download manager
indicated a "cancelled" message with the note that the file could be
saved to disk,which I promptly did.I have been unable to install the
program normally by using the recommended commands as I get "a no file
present" message.However, upon checking in my home file under
thunderbird,I can launch the program by double clicking on the 6.5k
shell script file then selecting "run".Each time I launch the program I
have to go to/home/William/wwj/thunderbird/then double click and run the
6.5 shell script file.Is there an easy solution to resolving this? Or
should I delete the file and redo the download using apt-get?

As a "Windows" user I have easily moved to Fedora C1 but know nothing
about its inner workings as indicated above.

Thanks for any advise.

Bill