Frequent Hangs w/ Fedora Core 2 on IBM ThinkCentre 8187-KU

Eric Mader mader at jtcsv.com
Mon Sep 20 17:40:28 UTC 2004

The graphics hardware is Intel 865G. I haven't installed any proprietary
drivers. I run the random screen saver with the default set of screen
savers. I haven't kept track of which screen saver is running when it
hangs...

I had someone restart the machine four days ago. Since then it's been
sitting in the logon prompt, and it's still running. When I came into
the office this morning, the screen was in power saver mode. This seems
consistent with the theory that the culprit may be the screen saver. On
the other hand, if the screen saver isn't running, the machine isn't
doing much...

Regards,
Eric