Copy + Paste in Quanta (FC2)

Graham Cossey graham at cossey.plus.com
Mon Sep 20 17:56:53 UTC 2004

> > > Suggest that you paste the contents of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf (the
> > > contents of "Device" (videocard) and "Screen"
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> > 	Identifier   "Monitor0"
> > 	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
> > 	ModelName    "L1910B"
> > 	DisplaySize  380	300
> > 	HorizSync    30.0 - 83.0
> > 	VertRefresh  56.0 - 75.0
> > 	Option	    "dpms"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Device"
> > 	Identifier  "Videocard0"
> > 	Driver      "nv"
> > 	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
> > 	BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 3 (generic)"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Screen"
> > 	Identifier "Screen0"
> > 	Device     "Videocard0"
> > 	Monitor    "Monitor0"
> > 	DefaultDepth     24
> > 	SubSection "Display"
> > 		Viewport   0 0
> > 		Depth     24
> > 		Modes    "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768"
> > "800x600" "640x480"
> > 	EndSubSection
> > EndSection
> ----
> have you installed the 3d driver for nVidia per ?
> <http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia>

No I have not. Do I need to, even if I don't really need 3D? This is
basically a server, on which I also want to maintain some PHP code. My
'resolution' problem is simply to do with font and general window rendering
which appears much less defined than in windose. I would like this problem
resolved as I have a spare PC that I was going to install FC2 as a
workstation for general use.

> Can you switch between the various resolutions with Control-Alt-{numeric
> - | numeric +} ?

I can, thanks, I didn't know about that. However, it's not quite like
changing it through system-config-display and restarting X as when the
resolution is decreased I only see a portion of the desktop. I would have
assumed to have been shown a full desktop with larger icons and fonts.

Graham