Tripwire config ???

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 18:49:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:43, jpitts at hvc.rr.com wrote:

> 1.   File system error.
>      Filename: /etc/tripwire/kangol.homelinux.net-local.key
>      No such file or directory
> 2.   File system error.
>      Filename: /root/.Xauthority
>      No such file or directory
>
> Both of these files exist ... why doesn't tripwire see them ???

Check permissions on the key file.  I assume you run tripwire as root?

.Xauthority may not be there if root is not logged in.  I had to play
some games with my tripwire configs.  Seems that /root had a number of
.xauthxxxxxx files that change each time you su to root.  Never really
found a really good solution for that.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be
coming up it."
-- Henry Allen