Problem to install FC2 on SATA HD

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 21:58:30 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am tyring to install FC2 in a Athlon XP 3000+ machine with A7V600-X
motherboard and a SATA HD (VIA) of 120GB, but no way...  the CD1 of FC2
does not recognize the SATA HD... I read several reports on the Internet
about this problem, looks like FC2 does not support properly SATA HDs
although kernel 2.6 is expected to deal with SATA disks in other
distrubutions.. I heard also that installing FC2 in a second but IDE HD
would help with the FC2 installation in the SATA HD and also that booting
from a usb pendrive could also help.. I tried to follow a suggestion to
configure the BIOS to recognize my SATA HD as a legacy HD but I dont have
such an option in my BIOS setup... I dont have neither a second HD (IDE)
nor BIOS support for USB boot, so if anyone would have tips to help to to
install FC2 in a SATA HD I would be really grateful for that. Actually,
any tips would be most welcome.

Thanks and kind regards, Alberto