ATI Mobility Radeon 9000

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 23:19:41 UTC 2004

TongKe Xue wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I have an Compaq Presario X1000, which uses the ATI Radeon Mobility
> 9000 GPU. I've read of various combinations with
> XFree/X.Org/dri/binary-drivers (something always ends up not matching
> up) ... can anyone offer insight on how to get it to work on RedHat 9
> / Fedora ?
>
> Thanks,
> --TongKe

The ATI binary drivers work with Fedora Core and you will receive a
performance boost with OpenGL/3D apps.  However, at this moment, the ATI
binary drivers do not work with XOrg 6.8.0.  I've also heard that the
binary drivers also break with XFree 4.4.

The good news.  The ATI binary drivers do work well with XOrg 6.7.0.

www.ati.com