USB DVD-RW drive

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 00:40:05 UTC 2004

I have been wanting to get a DVD-RW drive and recently someone suggested
I get an external drive, which I had never thought of. It will be more
expensive than an internal drive, but I could use it on all of my
computers to backup data, with less hassle than an internal drive. Also,
I might be getting a laptop later on, so I would be able to use it on
the laptop as well.

Are USB DVD burners well supported in linux? If so, which models would
you recommend? I would prefer a dual-layer capable burner if I can find
one in my budget.