Copy + Paste in Quanta (FC2)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Sep 21 00:52:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:55, Graham Cossey wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Are you sure that you are using KDE? If so, can you switch to Gnome?
>
> I am definitely using KDE, I did not install Gnome during installation, or
> at least I don't think I did...
----
rather hard not to install gnome as a number of programs such as
evolution will cause it to be installed even if you try not to install
it.

I did switch to KDE for your benefit and it still works (Control-C /
Control-V) within Quanta Plus
----

> > Did you ever mess with your keybindings?
----
On KDE (wouldn't have known how to do this without
switching)...Control-Center -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard
Shortcuts -> Application Shortcuts
----

> I might have done if I knew what they were. If you mean within Quanta
> settings, I have merely viewed that CTRL+C = Copy etc.
>
> This is a recent install (a week or two ago) using ONLY what is available
> from the FC2 CDs (including Quanta). I have not (to my knowledge) updated
> any packages. All I have done extra is install msttcorefonts for use in my
> PHP graphing scripts.
----
You really need to 'update' as there have been a whole lot of updates
since FC-2 was released. Some of these things may have fixed your
problem.

yum update
yum upgrade

Craig