printing over household wireless router network

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Sep 21 03:07:44 UTC 2004

I have a wireless router with my girlfriend's WinXP home computer on it (she's
plugged into it by wire) and I sit in another room (connected on my FC2
laptop wirelessly) with a LaserJet printer physically attached to my laptop.

Is there a really easy way that I can get her WinXP machine to see the printer
on my printer port?

Or maybe it would be easier to hook the printer to her machine (since it never
moves) and have my laptop see it attached to her WinXP machine?

Or does this all require samba or some equally complicated server that I
really don't want to get into just to be able to print?

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com