printing over household wireless router network

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Sep 21 04:01:57 UTC 2004

On September 21, 2004 12:17 am, Steven Stern wrote:

> On WinXP, open ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS from the control panel, click on the
> Windows Componets on the left, and select Other Network File and Print
> Services.  Select Print Services for UNIX.

yeah, as I figured, when I go to 'add printer' on her XP machine, it says
browse or type in the address, either in the form \\server\printer or
http://server/printer/.printer

Neither of the latter two are familiar to me, browse didn't find anything, and
I suspect that for \\server\printer to work, I'd have to have some sort of
peer-peer networking between the two machines (there is none). This leaves
the http solution but I don't have a clue where I'd find a ".printer" file...

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com