RH 9 chess program to Fedora

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Tue Sep 21 11:11:58 UTC 2004

YigalB wrote:
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Before I upgraded to Fedora I head RH9, which had a chess program
>
> built
>
>>>in. Fedora doesn't have it (or I don't know how to work it out).
>>>Does any one know how to bring this chess game back?
>>>Yigal
>>>

>>It works out of the box if you install games og Gnome and the name is
>>Chess!!!
>

> [<Yigal>] so what do I have to do now in order to install them ?

First, read the FAQ on how to install software and configure your
yum.conf appropriately to use mirrors (or use the yum.conf available at
the fedorafaq site):

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Then simply open a terminal, su to root, and type the following at the
root prompt:

# yum install xboard

Hope this helps,
Clint