Encrypt

Dalibor Malek maillist at zwickl.net
Sun Sep 19 22:39:51 UTC 2004

Hi list,

I have one question.
Is it possible to somehow encrypt the whole hard disk in a manner that
the whole system, copying(from my scripts) and so on have full access,
but if someone wants to connect to the machine this is not granted
except he knows the right password(I know this is already done with
ssh1), but also if some one opens a terminal he muss give in the
password to access all files.
The same should be if someone wants to copy the hard disk, only if he
knows the password he can succeed else the only thing he gets is garbage.
Is there something like that?

Thank you

Dalibor Malek