FC2 on HP Proliant Servers - drivers, etc..

Kevin F. Berrien kblists at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 21:12:59 UTC 2004

Well, how much of it all is kernel drivers?  Like the nic would be,
etc...  I would have no idea of things like thermal control, if they'd
be in the kernel, perhaps they  are.  I'd hate to start right off the
bat with FC1 as its now no longer supported.

I'm guessing I'll just have to bite the bullet, install FC2 and see what
happens.  We already have a DL320, and the fans at full speed (at start
of boot) are bruttle on the ears.

Somehow I see this as an ongoing problem.  Those of us who don't need
the fully supported Suse or RH Enterprise versions, and are looking for
low cost alternatives (I'm in public education - where there is NO
money) will have these kind of problems with drivers.