FC3t2 GRUB failure

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 19:34:07 UTC 2004

Hi all:

Performed an "UPGRADE" from FC2 to FC3test2 yesterday and now the system won't
boot.  The word "GRUB" fills the screen continually scrolling down.

In rescue mode, the /etc/boot/grub.conf file was not set up properly.  Edited
that to show the new kernel (2.6.1-8.541smp) and its ancillary files but that
didn't change the result.

Has the grub.conf format been changed in FC3?  I couldn't find anything about
this problem in bugzilla.

As I said, this was done as an "UPGRADE".  If I can't get it working I can
alway wipe the drive and do a full install and then rebuild the system from
the saved files (full backup to the 2nd drive).

Thanks, Tom
--
---
Tom Taylor