FC3t2 GRUB failure

TongKe Xue tongke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 03:40:16 UTC 2004

Disclaimer: Only limited experience with GRUB, mainly use LILO.

Sounds like maybe part of the GRUB installation got overwritten or
something (and not an error with the actual grub.conf file). One
potential solution might be to reinstall Grub from the rescue mode (I
know this is possible with LILO on RH9 by just mounting the /etc and
/boot directly into the temporary file rescue file system).

Hope this helps,
--TongKe