[OT] - New virus?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Sep 22 06:25:56 UTC 2004

--On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:46 PM -0400 Mark Haney
<mhaney at interactsys.com> wrote:

> I thought I'd pop off an email and see if anyone else has heard
> anything?  I've googled for this process and hit every virus maker I can
> think of, but no luck.

Have you tried bugtraq, SANS, or other alert sites/lists?

To those objecting to the message, realize that the fundamental question
here is where to get better info on brand new attacks hitting your network.

I always caution my Windows users that they should never connect their
Windows boxes directly to the public Internet. They should always use an
"Internet condom". For many of us, Fedora is our Internet condom. Hence the
question is relevant here.