my linux syslog not working

jim martin postfix168 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 08:35:48 UTC 2004

I had found the problem myself.  Thank u very much..
below the file and need to be changed

/etc/sysconfig/syslog to determine the various modes
in which it should operate. Syslog will not listen for
remote messages unless the SYSLOGD_OPTIONS variable in
this file has a “–r” included in it as shown below.

# Options to syslogd

# -m 0 disables 'MARK' messages.

# -r enables logging from remote machines

# -x disables DNS lookups on messages recieved with -r

# See syslogd(8) for more details

SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-m 0 -r"

# Options to klogd

# -2 prints all kernel oops messages twice; once for
klogd to decode, and

#    once for processing with 'ksymoops'

# -x disables all klogd processing of oops messages
entirely

# See klogd(8) for more details

KLOGD_OPTIONS="-2"