GAUSSIAN on FC2:is it possible?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Wed Sep 22 10:52:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 12:06, Andrea Carotti wrote:
> Hi all,
>     probably this is not a typical question here...Sorry about that.
> However, is there anybody that is running GAUSSIAN (a simulation program for
> chemists, physics..) on FC2?
> If yes, you're using binaries or you've compiled it from source?

You'd be a lot better off contacting Gaussian about this. I can't
imagine there's a lot of computational chemists on this list except for
me and you - and I don't use Gaussian :)

If you're a student and can't get Gaussian to work on your platform
(which would surprise me - Gaussian is most likely implemented in
Fortran and should compile almost everywhere), maybe I can suggest a few
open source alternatives:

ABINIT (DFT): 	http://www.abinit.org/
MPQC:		http://www.mpqc.org/

Regards,