FC2 kernel panic at boot of cd

David.Grudek at anixter.com David.Grudek at anixter.com
Wed Sep 22 15:22:02 UTC 2004

I am trying to boot up with the install cd and as soon as hit enter at the
prompt to start the install it says kernel panic.  It also says stuff
above that about acpi and drivers.  I know it is not the cd because it
boots up fine in another machine.  The board is a giga-byte server board
GA-8egxr-el.  It says on the giga-byte web site that it is supported by
redhat 8 so I would assume that FC2 would handle it.   I ran the memtest
and it passed fine.  It has 1G DDR ram.  I also have a 2.66Ghz xeon
processor.  I have tried all these different modes.  Text, expert,
mem=1024M, and noprobe.  I do not know what else to do.  Any help would be
appreciated.