GAUSSIAN on FC2:is it possible?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Sep 22 19:23:44 UTC 2004

Andrea Carotti wrote:
> Hi all,
>    probably this is not a typical question here...Sorry about that.
> However, is there anybody that is running GAUSSIAN (a simulation program
> for chemists, physics..) on FC2?
> If yes, you're using binaries or you've compiled it from source?
> Thanks in advance
> Andrea

I am just looking scientific software and I am going to try these.  I
actually had the page open as I was reading your message.

SciLab.
http://scilabsoft.inria.fr/
http://rpm.math.ist.utl.pt/fedora/linux/scilab/

Scilab is a scientific software package for numerical computations
providing a powerful open computing environment for engineering and
scientific applications. Developed since 1990 by researchers from
INRIA and ENPC, it is now maintained and developed by Scilab
Consortium since its creation in May 2003.

Distributed freely and open source (see the license and the trademark
license) via the Internet since 1994, Scilab is currently being used
in educational and industrial environments around the world.

Another maybe Octave.
http://www.octave.org/

GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical
computations. It provides a convenient command line interface for
solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically, and for performing
other numerical experiments using a language that is mostly compatible
with Matlab. It may also be used as a batch-oriented language.

Octave is already installed on my FC1 but I cannot remember installing it.

--
Robin Laing