Samba - Sharing files with XP and missing files

YigalB byigal at zahav.net.il
Wed Sep 22 20:35:29 UTC 2004

I am still trying to share files with XP (I can see the XP machines from
my Fedora but not the other way around).

I read in Samba's web site that SWAT is a GUI for Samba's CFG file - so
I downloaded it but RPM fail to install it because liblber & libldap are
required.

In http://rpmfind.net <http://rpmfind.net/>  I found files relevant for
Mandrake but not for FC2 which I use. What should I do now? Is it
safe/ok to use libs compiled for other distributions? Or is there
another solution?

Another thing that bother me is why doesn't RPM go and take the needed
files automatically ? I mean all the information is there: the names,
the version..

Thanks

Yigal