NTP syncing

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Sep 23 04:06:41 UTC 2004

--On Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:03 PM -0400 Gene Heskett
<gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

>> Try running ntptrace to your Verizon-supplied DNS servers and to
>> your gateway. One of them may have decent time.
>
> My gateway *is* my router, and ntptrace is silent until it errors out:
>
> [root at coyote root]# ntptrace 199.45.32.43
> 199.45.32.43: timed out, nothing received
> ***Request timed out
>
> I can ping it is all.

I meant the router on their end of the wire. But it looks like you don't
have any ntp on nearby routers. (I tracerouted to the above address and
then ntptraced the last few entries.)

BTW, you might bring this up on the NTP newsgroup. You might find fellow
Verizon users there who've been down this path.