what's tyhe first, and what's the last

fellons roberto.felloni at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:52:12 UTC 2004

Hi list.

the installation of FC2 on my pc have many problems.
I work and play with my new operating system, but I must close the
eyes when boot, when start X and never watch mails and logs.

I hope, with little steps to adjust all, but I foresee many efforts.

The errors:
-------------
by mail sended by LogWatch:
- error: stat of /var/log/ppp/connect-errors failed: No such file or directory
- **Unmatched Entries**
   STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem unsafe: No such file
or directory: 1 Time(s)

by messages log:
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_1
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_1
Sep  8 19:39:46 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0

on boot:
- not start eth0 initialization (I don't remember exactly phrase)

on X boot:
- Error when inizializing sound driver

on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth0 :
- this file blink and appear red, but is empty (???)

The Question :