Reviewing qcad (was: Re: fedora.us package requests)

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Sep 23 18:58:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:47:26 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> > > [rpaiz at rodolfo SRPMS]$ /usr/bin/fedora-rpmchecksig
> > > qcad-2.0.3.3-0.fdr.1.src.rpm
> > > qcad-2.0.3.3-0.fdr.1.src.rpm: MISSING KEY - 3321270a
> >
> > That's because the packager is not in the list of trusted developers
> > (the keys you installed with fedora-installdevkeys).
>
> Should he/she be in the list? Should I ignore this? Or should I add
> another key from somewhere?

One way would be:

  $ gpg --recv-keys 3321270a
  $ gpg --export -a 3321270a > gemi.asc
  $ su -l
  # rpm --import gemi.asc

Then

  $ rpm --query gpg-pubkey

should list the key like:

  gpg-pubkey-3321270a-SOMETHING

Be aware of http://bugzilla.redhat.com/90952 though, which can result
in bad RPM imports of keys, especially when they are signed and
retrieved from the pgp.mit.edu keyserver. When that happens, GPG
clearsigned MD5 checksums of package can be verified with gpg, and
'rpm -Kv' need not be used.

> > The C++ compiler can require lots of disk space during compilation.
> > I'm going to try a rebuild of qcad, too.
>
> Upon closer inspection, it looks like the rebuild process is going to
> need either almost or over 500MB of space. In addition to the devel
> packages I installed, that did drive the partition to full. So "no space
> left on device" makes sense, hmm?

Yes, it needs a lot. The automatically created debuginfo package alone
is >30MB. Compressed that is.