can't install FC2 on server with AIC 7899

Darrell Esau Darrell.Esau at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 23 21:04:25 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've got FC1 installed on a server with only SCSI disks, using an AIC 7899
controller.

It looks like FC1 had a driver (AIC7xxx?) which was used by the installer.

FC2 doesn't have this driver.  When installing (booting from FC2 CD 1), the
installer cannot find my hard disks, when attempting to add an additional
device driver, I find the only AIC driver available is AIC 79xx (which
doesn't work).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Does anyone know how to create a driver disk on floppy for the AIC 7899/FC2?

Thanks,