Getting Stock Sendmail to work

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 23 23:22:33 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 24.09.2004 schrieb Al Sparks um 0:53:

> It works.  Does anyone know what I might have been leaving out when I
> did my installs?

Without knowing exactly what you did and what appeared in your logs,
nobody can say.

> Pretty frustrating.  There were no log errors on startup or anything.

If the Sendmail daemon start does not trigger any syslogging, then you
can't have really started it.

> With the exception of the netstat, everything looked like it should work.

"netstat" what? Like you showed in comp.mail.sendmail that you only had
the queue runners but not central daemon listening on port 25? Well, you
will have to be sure where you installed your self compiled Sendmail to
(i.e. /usr/local/) and that the start scripts do call the right
binaries.

>   === Al

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 01:18:15 up 3 days, 3:22, load average: 0.07, 0.21, 0.25