FC2 install

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Sep 24 17:04:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:03, Robert Cochran wrote:
> I’m trying to install FC2 on a machine that’s running FC1. In booting
> the FC2 disk it gets to Loading sym53c8xx driver and hangs , is this a
> bug or is there a work around?

I think there's a problem with that driver and the aic7xxx one. Not
sure... I have a box with one of those and I'm still trying to make it
work. Not a "Fedora bug" but a driver but, I think.

You can find lots of threads in the archives and on Google about this
problem. Try to search for aic7xxx for starters, that might be useful.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>
Simpaticus.com