Nagging X problem

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 25 21:24:48 UTC 2004

On Sep 25, 2004 at 16:33, Thomas E. Dukes in a soothing rage wrote:
>> On Sep 25, 2004 at 16:02, Thomas E. Dukes in a soothing rage wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> >I'd like to be able to start X as root for such occassions but this
>> >lead me back to my initial post.  I didn't realize it was an X/root
>> >thing until today.  I still would rather boot to runlevel 3
>> and stat X
>> >manually, when needed.
>> >
>> >What do I neet to edit to allow root to start X manually.  Its weird
>> >that it works under runlevel 5.
>> Repeat what I posted in my previous posts in this thread for root.
>
>I'm not sure what you posted.  I have re-read your posts but can't find
>anything specifically about root.  I must have missed something.  Sorry.
I meant the files you created for the normal user. You have
to repeat the process for root as well. If you have switchdesk
installed you can execute 'swetchdesk gnome' as root.

N.Emile...
CF&C stole it, fair and square.
		-- Tim Hahn
 17:22:37  up 89 days, 10:37,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00