problem with wireless in FC2

Xavier Gonzalez xavier.gonzalez at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 00:28:16 UTC 2004

Intel ProWireless 2200BG on a ThinkPad T42. I am actually using
linuxant's driverloader software for simplicity (of installation). I
am using their stk16 kernel, and it seem to work fine. The card works
fine, but I accidentally made a duplicate of the wireless connection
that I have been trying to erase from the network interfaces.
Everytime I delete the duplicate, and try to do a forced disk check it
won't let me connect.
For a couple of boot ups I could swear that the initrd freaked out,
and FC2 froze up forcing me to remove the battery to shutdown the
computer. Then after that, the new problem that I have is the one I
just described.

I don't know if this is completely unrelated, but I tried to format my
/etc/fstab file to include usb memory stick device and I failed. It
also went into panic mode, and I had to remove the battery to restart
the computer.

so, what do you think?

-Javier