PINE not included in FC2?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 21:22:38 UTC 2004

Filippos Klironomos wrote:
>  something that I am curious about. I had installed PINE on my RH9
> system and noticed that it didn't survive the FC2 upgrade. Is there a
> specific reason for that?

Others have mentioned the license issue.

This is actually a serious problem, as I understand it, because
"standard" Pine won't handle UTF-8 encoded messages gracefully. These
are becoming a lot more common. The license issues mean that UTF-8
can't be included in distributed binaries.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | One team ... should ask questions in order to find
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | out [what their delusion is].  The audience can