TwinMOS Mobile disk IV & FC2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 12:44:56 UTC 2004

Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> I'm trying to get my twinMOS mobile disk IV 512MB usb stick to work with
> fedora 2. When I insert the stick the following window pops up:
> Window heading: KWrited - listening on Device /dev/pts/0
>
> And it has the following message:
> Message from syslogd at dsl-69-134 at Mon Sep 27 11:48:08 2004 ...
> dsl-69-134 kernel: Disabling IRQ #9
>
> Then, my KEYBOARD stops working, and i need to reboot my computer
> without the stick to get it back....

Let me guess, you've got a USB keyboard. Something about the disk is
causing the kernel to disable the USB interrupt, IRQ 9. So it won't
listen to any events from your keyboard.

Do you have a USB mouse, too? You should be able to use the GUI to reset
the computer, but without a working mouse, that's not possible, either.

Is there any chance you could borrow a PS/2 keyboard to watch what's
happening?

Is there anything else interesting in /var/log/messages ?

One piece of advice: please leave the system for at least a minute
before resetting it. That way, data generated when the USB problems
occurred should have reached disk.

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | They say that every cloud has a silver lining, which
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | must be a bit alarming for airline pilots...