VmWare Workstation and 2.6.8.1 kernel

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Mon Sep 27 19:13:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 13:00, Craig wrote:
> <snip>
> Of course I did. Not only is this "vmware 101", but vmware 4x builds will tell
> you what to do if you don't (at least it will according to the vmware site). I
> will say that it would appear to be an AMD-related issue since I am running an
> Athlon XP myself. Although I would have to admit, despite the numerous times
> such processor-specific problems have been reported, this would be the first
> time I've ever run into any specific issues regarding AMD vs. Intel, I still
> believe/hope that it would be something more configuration-specific that could
> be edited/fixed. Otherwise I will have to return to dual-booting for this
> project which wouldn't make me very happy. :(

I figured you probably had run it, but thought it might be worth
mentioning... <grin>

I don't know much about AMD, is the Athlon XP the AMD64 architecture,
like the OP?  Of course, this probably means a need to go troll the
vmware support site to get the specifics....  petr, over there always
seems to have a vmanyanyupdate that seems to help many people....

--Rob