SanDisk Mini Cruzer USB memory stick

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Tue Sep 28 05:35:42 UTC 2004

Xavier Gonzalez wrote:
> I tried
>           /dev/sda1               /mnt/usb          vfat    noauto,users 0 0
> and when shuting down, it kind of freak out for a second.
> The on reboot, I tried the to see if it would still mount:
> $ modprobe usb-storage
> $mount /mnt/usb/
>
> and while before I use to get a message saying
> $fs device not supported (or something along those lines)
>
> now I am getting
> $ mount: No medium found
>
> I know is just a matter of parameters being wrong. Anybody any ideas?

Not sure if this fits your problem, but my USB-Stick came with no
partition on it. Just a filesystem.

My line out of /etc/fstab looks like this

/dev/sda         /mnt/usbstick           auto    noauto,user     0 0

Maybe it's woth a try.

Alex

--
Alexander Apprich                science + computing ag
IT-Services                      Hagellocher Weg 71-75

s+c certificates via  http://www.science-computing.de/cacert.crt