APT upgrade from local location

SANS sandeep_from at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 06:14:36 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have about 12 PCs running RH7.3 which where
customized <unwanted rpms removed & things like that>.

I now wish to upgrade these RH7.3s to FC2.

If I use APT on all RH7.3s to upgrade each PC will use
a lot of internet bandwidth, which is expensive.

I was thninking of dumping all the rpms from 4 CDs of
FC2 on the local /var/www/html/LoCaL, and then define
http://127.0.0.1/LoCaL in atp config files as source.

Would this work as simply as I think ?
Do I need to add something on local server ?
Someone tried this ?

Some pointers and advices are much thanked.

regards,
Sans