/root/.rpmmacro

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Sep 28 09:40:11 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:28, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Greetings
> > could someone please mail me an rpmmacro, I have lost mine and can't
> > remeber how to write it out,
> > thanks,
> > I just need the contents of the file. :->
>
> Here's mine: assumes RPM builds are in ~/BUILD, i.e. directories
> ~/BUILD/SPECS, ~/BUILD/SOURCES, ~/BUILD/BUILD, ~/BUILD/RPMS etc. exist.
>
> %_signature     gpg
> %_gpg_name      B56A8BAC
> %packager       Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> %_topdir        %(echo $HOME)/BUILD
>
> and it's ~/.rpmmacros not ~/.rpmmacro
>
> Paul.
Seems I have learn't a new trick today, but you must excuse the stupidty here,
The rpmmacro I was actually looking for was the one to solve dependancies on a
directory, it is pretty cool,
I reloaded today and lost it. I normally copy my apt archive directory to the
server and when I preload machines I copy the macro to /root folder, the my
script that runs does an rpm -Uvh --aid <selected packages> and rpm -ivh
--aid <other packages>
and this way all the packages i plonk in that directory are automatically
installed on each new machine.

I will still need your macro however that will be later this week.
When I learn to replace certian rpms within the distro. I am working on an oem
for Proline computers, we will be the first major company in SA that can
offer the relevant service and support for Linux. And we are launching a
Christmas special with PCs Preloaded.
My Job is to add all our logos to Fedora and thats why we need to rebiuld some
RPMS.
very exiting :->

Later

--